Digital collection while preserving data quality and sovereignty is a crucial part of the Vector3D process to develop a digital twin of the property. Due to the size and requirements for the project Vector3D used capture from the highest quality LiDAR equipment via drones, a helicopter and aeroplane. All this data was securely managed and delivered on time for processing.
The data is collected and processed using various coordinates and identifying each corresponding point. Each element then requires identification and labelling. In turn we are able to create the base of the digital twin and the various models required. This system was design to achieve up to 20mm accuracy.
For this project 5 models were developed to create solutions for property management and construction purposes. The models included: Ground Terrain Model, Vegetation Model, Electrical/Power Model, Vehicle Model and a Historical Model. The digital twin is now in the hands of the owners with Vector3D providing regular updates of data collection and processing for differentiation analysis.
- Datum – Map Grid of Australia 2020, Australian Height Datum (AHD) 71, AusGeoid 2020
- Orthometric 2cm GSD resolution RGBI photography
- Pixel Accuracy – 2x GSD RMSE
- Density – 30 points per metre square
- Classification – Colourised with concurrent photography ICSM Level 3+ Point Cloud
- Vertical Accuracy – ±5 cm at 2 sigma
- Horizontal Accuracy – ±5 cm at 2 sigma
- Derivatives – DTM, DSM, CHM
- Level of Detail (LOD) – Open Geospatial Consortium Level 3+
- 3D Object models – Classified Building Information Models (BIM) CityGML
Vector3D team used a combination of a plane and drones with state of the art LiDAR laser surveying technology to collect the data. This data was captured securely and provided to the processing department.
This project was led by Krishna Thota.
The highest quality computer processing technology together with high performance graphics cards and technical knowledge capabilities were used to ensure the data was processed and configured correctly for the solution required.
Security of any data collected and processed is essential for a number of our clients. At Vector3D we pride ourselves on ensuring all data is secure and consider multiple facets to provide Data Sovereignty.